Tuesday, May 11, 2010

New Beginnings

Since a week before my birthday, positive energy has been following me. The change in age has brought on a sort of spiritual feng shui and ever since I have been saying, "23 is going to be my year. " What I mean by this is 23 is going to be the year that I face my fears and try new things. I will step outside my comfort zone and meet new people. I will not let anxiety rule my life. I will date, laugh, love and be the person I was meant to be. When I get hurt, I will not let that hurt consume me. The old saying going, "we must learn from our mistakes" and I can honestly say that that can't be any truer.

In the past, I've sat on hurt and let it fester in my heart and soul until it becomes a giant pile of nothing good. I have decided to wipe my slate clean. I have forgiven myself of my past regrets and the people I've wronged. I do this because they probably don't even remember anyway. When I set myself a goal, I will not stop until that goal is complete. I will finish a book. I am going to start by making myself a list of 5 things that I want accomplish in the next week, the next month and the next five months. I won't make these tasks impossible but rather start out with something attainable. I hope that with the support of my family and friends that I can do this.

This week:

1. Clean my room.
2. Finish reading "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo."
3. Make a new friend.
4. Plant a flower.
5. Get a new blog follower to help me with my journey.

This month:

1. Go Sky diving. (Yes really!)
2. Go on an adventure.
3. Eat something I've never tried before. (Any suggestions?)
4. Learn to play a song on my guitar.
5. Paint a picture.

Deciding what to do is the easy part. (Although it was pretty difficult for me.) Actually doing it is the hard part. But I will.

This is me now. (and my brother and our puppies Rascal and Maisy)


Let's see what I look like a week from now...or even a month from now.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah for new things! I don't have any suggestions for something new to eat, but I will think about it ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so great and I like the idea of setting attainable goals. I'm sure you will fulfill all of your goals and then some. :)

    Cleaning my room is something I need to do too. Once these take-home finals are done!

    As for something new to eat...have you ever tried smoked baby octopus? It is really good. This is coming from a girl who shied away from cooked fish unless it was sufficiently "fake" like fishsticks out of the freezer or canned tuna...but even though I had a b*st*rd ex, he got me to try a lot of new things. I ate more cooked fish and liked it. I tried "beginner" sushi and liked it. I tried more "hardcore" sushi and liked it. Smoked baby octopus is the shizz girl. If you've already tried it, I'll try to think of something else!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally with you. I won't eat fish unless it's processed and doesn't taste like fish when it's done. But I'll try it!

    ReplyDelete