Sunday, April 25, 2010

MICE!

"THE MOUSE"


These mice or this mouse lives inside my wall. I hear them sometimes at night and more recently, I've heard them come into my closet. There is a hole in my closet where a board should be and that's how they make their way in there. While I was cleaning out my closet, I found food in a pair of boots I rarely wear anymore. GROSS! I know! It freaks me out to think of them in there and to know there in there and inside my walls. I know all God's creatures need a home but not in my shoes.



I heard it/them tonight and again, FREAKED OUT! Not that mice aren't cute but I really don't want to see this one. Who knows what it looks like but I am positive it's not as cute as Despereaux! So I set a mouse trap in my closet. Two things: 1. I kind of feel like it's inhumane to kill a mouse. I have all this guilt. Like when my parents tricked me into eating venison and moose. I kept apologizing to Bambi and Bullwinkle every time I saw them. "I'M SORRY!" And 2. I don't want to hear the snap of the trap and the squeal of the poor defenseless mice. That and I don't want to clean it up. "KILL IT MOMMY!" That's what I have to say. Like when Spiders would crawl down the wall at night above my bed. Then Mommy would come in with a tissue and get the sucker! YEAH!

I remember when we were little we had chores (as I'm sure most kids do) and my brother was in charge of the kitchen. He had to remove all the shit from the counters and clean behind everything but he was NOTORIOUS for not doing that. One day my mom goes to inspect the corners behind the canisters and guess what she found? YEP! A mouse. But not just a dead mouse. This mouse must've been dead a long time because all the hair had fallen off and all that was left was the bones. Needless to say, mom did inspections more often.

I sit here anticipating the sound of the mouse reentering my closet and HOPE that if the killing of one mouse doesn't scare the rest away, the exterminator will come and take the rest away.

And as I was posting this, I heard the trap. It wasn't as loud as older traps which is nice...as nice as mouse death can be. I did run downstairs and wake my mom up and she cleaned it up. He was small with BIG beady eyes. Poor guy. But now I know what I'm up against next time it happens!

EDIT: And at 3:30 in the morning there was another mouse. My mom was not too happy about cleaning that one up.

1 comment:

  1. Oh the mice! hehe - I have a mouse update for Friday :)

    ReplyDelete